Five programs are to be launched:
- Creation of a training center in Arlit with the Sahel association.
- Endowment of 15,000 books to a multimedia library and youth clubs with the Biblionef association, and aid to 10 schools to give their nearly 1,000 students 3 meals a day with the Secours populaire français.
- Inauguration of a high-nutrition flour production unit managed by 20 women trained beforehand benefitting up to 300 malnourished children with the Tet L1Ä association.
- Medical care for 30 children with heart defects identified to date by the Mécénat Chirurgie Cardiaque association as requiring surgery in France which is unavailable in Niger.
Twelve projects will be deployed in our home base, in the Rhône Valley and Ile-de-France regions:
- Support to hospitalized children with Le Rire Médecin, in addition to the acquisition of medical equipment for the Institut Curie and a research program on malaria with the Institut Pasteur.
- Theatre workshops in Lyon with the Tamèrentong! company.
- Prevention of academic failure with the Coup de Pouce association, and early scientific and technical learning with the C. Génial Foundation.
Approval was also given for an emergency aid program to help Syrian refugees. Led by Waha, this NGO is setting up a clinic for women and their children in Izmir, Turkey, gateway to the European Union, where 100,000 migrants are currently present. It is expected that 200 people per day will benefit from this aid.
Still on the program for 2016: funding of humanitarian missions to Benin and India for employees of the AREVA group.